Sunday 26 February 2017

Wheels of motion

College work
Just finished block two's work at the college, 2 down 1 to go.

Design and Make Project (Part 1)- Simplicity
I've got one week left so i'm going to work on my design and make project
which is to design a jacket (which i'm working on just finished the mock up, to start the proper garment, this week coming on Wednesday)
it's a mandarin collar jacket, with flare and 2 piece sleeves.

Unsure about the button placement as one closes the garment at the top and one in the middle opens the garment out (seen above) 
 

Design and make Project (Part 2)
i'm still unsure what i'm going to do for the rest the default is, jacket and dress.
but we also get the choice between a)jacket, blouse and skirt or b)jacket, blouse and trousers.
I think the best bet is to probably do the dress pattern, and saw a mock up for all choices if I have enough time, this will give me an ideal where my strengths and weaknesses are and what I need to work on.



New equipment
Finally got a new (old) sewing machine, given to me by my partners lovely mammy <3
once it's all up and running and together i'll post about it and gush about how much I lurves it.
Still love my wee singer machine too (it's defiantly the prettier of the 2, being fully cast iron and what not with a lovely black finish and nice finishing details) and the fact it holds into it's table and is tons lighter than the other one is great.

Business
So this means full steam head once it's set up for starting more work on the business side, i'll get a few test garments done then look into posting on etsy, etc.  Though I've heard they do take a big cut so i'll need to look into that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment